October 2018 General Meeting

Date:  October 17, 2018

Location:  Spiro’s Pizza and Pasta, 11815  Mukilteo Speedway, Mukilteo, WA

 

Introductions

The informal portion of the meeting began at 6:30 p.m. with some community time and a light snack of pizza, salad, and sodas.  The board president called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m..  After introductions were made, the Agenda for the meeting was reviewed and approved.  Following this, the minutes from the August board meeting were reviewed and approved.

 

Member Forum

  • Two new homeowners from Division 1 asked for guidance on finding property lines.  It was suggested that they reach out to the county for up-to-date plat maps.  If the homeowners are still unable to establish the position of the property lines, they may need to hire a surveyor.
  • A homeowner had questions for the ACC on height of fences.  The ACC pointed out the section of the ACC documents in which the homeowner could find all the information on fences.
  • A homeowner expressed a complaint about the condition of the paint on their neighbors house, while another homeowner was upset that a homeowner failed to remove dead bushes from his front yard.  Both homeowners with the problems will be sent a letter from the ACC reminding them of their obligation to maintain their properties.
  • Members asked about news on the Frognal Estates development.  Board members related that the Sno-King Watershed Council (SKWC) was pursuing some court action trying to overturn some decisions by the county.  Board members also reminded homeowners that, in order to prove that the SKWC truly represents us, homeowners must complete and submit the online form.  It is found in the Documents section of the REHOA website.  Members were also encouraged to make a donation to support the efforts of the SKWC.

Reports

  • President – The HOA president gave a recap of the accomplishments for 2018, and gave a brief view of the challenges ahead.
  • Treasurer – The vice president checked and verified the register balances matched the bank statement and the treasurer’s report.  The treasurer explained to new members the rational for this procedure.  The treasurer reported that the board is looking for an accountant or bookkeeper to perform an audit on the HOA financials for 2018.  The co-treasurers also pointed out the importance of having a member step up and learn the tasks performed by the treasurer.
  • Landscaping Committee – Our landscaper continued to clean common areas and cut back blackberry bushes.  The committee chairperson also reported on her attempts to have the county repair the sidewalk.  The county currently is responding that it may be 2 more years before they can get to this project.   The landscaping committee re-stated their concerns since this is the main path used by children going to the bus stop.  In addition, there is a handicapped resident who uses a powered wheelchair.  With this sidewalk in disrepair, he rides in the street.  This poses a significant safety hazard.
  • Architectural Control Committee – The ACC reported that they had received one fence request in the past month.  The ACC outlined the process for approving fence requests and paint request, as well as the shared expense for the fence along Picnic Point Rd.
  • Arborist Committee – The arborist committee has been working to obtain approval for the dropping trees on the Wildlife Habitat/Native Growth Protection Areas (WH/NGPA).  In addition, the committee is monitoring the trees that were marked by the PUD for removal.  It is hoped that these will be removed before the next storm.
  • Secretary – Nothing new from the vice-president who has assumed the temporary role of secretary.  The previous HOA secretary has moved and the board is seeking a permanent replacement.

 

Old Business

  •  Changes to the ACC documents – The Architectural Control Committee is continuing with the project of reviewing and updating the ACC documents.  The committee is attempting to remove vague or ambiguous language from the controls.

New Business

  •  The ACC will write and mail two letters to homeowners in Division 1.  The first is regarding dead plants that need to be removed.  The second is in regard to the poor condition of the exterior paint.
  • Next meeting is set for December 12th.

 

Review of Action Items

  • Continue to work on updating the ACC Document
  • Locate an accountant/bookkeeper for the audit
  • Recruit new members
  • Compose and mail two complaint letters
  • Reserve the meeting room for December 12, 2018

Next Meeting

  • The next meeting is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on December 12, 2018.  It will be held at the community meeting room at Mukilteo City Hall.

Adjourn

  • The meeting was adjourned at 8:06 p.m.
Posted in Meetings